Thursday 1 November 2018

My crazy travels

 So here i am sitting behind my laptop and a nice view onto the beach in Australia. I am currently back here to help my son with his move to the UK. As this is now our fourth trip this year to Australia,i am now looking forward to less travel.

 You see having MS brings it's challenges when confronted with disrupted routine. I have my routine here but very different to where i live full time in Monaco. Even though i have lived here before i don't like being out of my comfort zone. I partly blame my MS for this.

 Now i have had my challenges of trying a new medication,and as yet it has failed me again. i got all the side effects and it made me feel confused,ill and to the point i lost my memory .

My point is that feeling so bad and being away from your home is not a good mix. When you feel so bad you want to be in your comfort place and have your dog lie with his head on your bad leg. Have your doctor close by and all the other comforts it brings to calling it your home. Now many may disagree and say i am lucky to be able to travel,and this is true to a degree. But when you have MS or any other medical condition,travelling becomes challenging.

 At this point i am looking out to a stunning view and birds chirping in the background. Now this may have been fantastic a few years ago but now i am feeling isolated and as a result have anxiety and to throw into the mix,the MS hug. I'm not saying this cannot happen at home because it can,but not being home you feel the extend of your symptoms much more. Maybe not every person with MS has this but i know there are some that don't even try to travel or they have no choice as their disability has set in too far. So for my last reason i try to make the most of it and enjoy it. Not always easy when the symptoms come out and try to take over. My worst one is anxiety when i am here. Now i know heat causes my anxiety,and as Australia is hot most of the time this could be the source.
 At the same time it has been cold the last few days,which is not normal this time of year.

 I hope many of you don't have these issues while travelling. It takes the fun out of it for sure.

Best
Mas x

No comments:

Featured post

To my readers ;)

 Hello readers, You may have noticed I have changed my name slightly for my blog. Don’t worry it’s still me 🤗 just for security purposes I ...