Saturday 10 March 2018

And so i arrived at my destination!

Well i have been at my destination in Australia for 2 weeks now. Not a lot has happened considering i got sick on the day we arrived. I got a nice flu/cold whatever you may call it. I am guessing i picked it up while in Singapore for my husbands's work. Basically i have been down for 12 days and still recovering.
 I decided to call the home doctor and get myself checked out and my husband. Yes my throat was inflamed and i needed antibiotics. My husband on the other hand had nothing. He was surprised considering he felt bad too. Today is day 5 of my antibiotics and the last day. yes!!! These little pills make me feel rotten!!! Although my throat has gotten better,the little pills make me feel sick.

 Everyone gets a cold or a flu,and it's horrible. But at the same time having MS or another ilness  just makes it a double whammy of bad symptoms and feeling weak as hell. It certainly takes a lot longer to recover too. Not many people understand this. Most people think 'oh the flu,i hate that or i had the flu too. As much as everyone suffers while having the flu,when you have a illness on top of this,it takes twice as long to get on top of things compared to someone healthy.

 Having been on the sofa,in bed and on the sofa again for the last 12 days, you come to realise who your friends are. It so turns out that i have not many. But no surprise here,before i got diagnosed with MS and was sick all the time,many people had better things to do or didn't understand why i cancel. This is another topic for my next blog. Just being out of order there doesn't seem to be much empathy going around. Being back in Australia and not have seen my friends for 2 months,they are awfully quite i must say. It just shows that having MS does keep people away to a degree,but so does having the flu. How ironic. Well my mind has been in overdrive so maybe it's not all too bad but a text asking "How are you feeling Mascha" would certainly put a smile on my face.

For now i will sign off,and hope not any of my MS warriors get attacked with the flu or cold.
Till my next blog :)

No comments:

Featured post

Best Support Ever.

 I have been wanting to write about this many times as it is so important in my life. Having a good support network is so important and our ...